PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Dec 2010, 21:28
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have posted this question somewhere else, but think I will get much more replies on this thread.

Been offered various interview dates, but my main concern is housing and schools. If I were to join just before summer 2011 is Silicon Valley the most likely place to end up? Are the villas decent size? Most importantly, as I do not wish to give my wife a heart attack driving an hour through Dubai every day, how likely are we to find a decent school with available places for the 2011-2012 school year that is CLOSE to the accommodation with reasonable fees? Examples welcome.

I have read all the negative posts and comments, and am taking this into account. I have 5000 PIC medium jet time, 8000 TT so it really is a difficult decision as I need to think 6-10 years to get a command again. I would do it mostly to get better schools for my kids, while my disposable income will roughly stay the same as with my current LCC job. Although the described fatigue issues concern me a lot.