PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong GFS Superpuma ditches in Reservoir after engine failure
Old 30th Dec 2010, 19:29
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
It's sad to see those rather negatives posted here by a few. I think there is an "axe grinding" thread elsewhere....

Though I have zero knowledge of the events of this accident, my time working with the people of GFS (two occasions, totalling three weeks) left me very impresed with the way things are done there.

My experience with GFS, included an afternoon of fixed wing flying, and another afternoon aboard a helicopter training flight. The crews were methodical, prepared, and relaxed. The flying in both cases demonstrated everything I would be looking to see in an operation, whose demands are so varied.

Similarly, the maintenance at GFS gets my highest regards.

No matter how well you maintain, and how well you fly, stuff occasionally happens. It sounds like they made the best of a not good situation, and damage was well mitigated. Let's extend to our aviation colleagues the benefit of our courtesy in respect of their operations. I doubt I could do better than they do, so I don't feel a need to criticise...