PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 18:55
Roll to the end

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's certainly great news with the entrance of Flybe, especially with the expected departure of Aer Arann ( whom at the moment seemed to not have shown up at the airport for a month)
It would be great for Flybe or anyone to open up a hub connection AMS maybe I seem to remember before open skies that a LHR flight was very close to getting off the ground. I always hope LHR will be on the boards and I still remain confident that EI will step in, they're Gatwick seems steady. Did think with EIR other routes would open, but it seems we look at flybe and ryanair for growth now, perhaps a Jersey flight maybe near
The baby seems content where they are did feel in the past they had they're chance to expand at knock to mainland europe.

So I guess the questoin is what next for NOC, they clearly need to work on timings and timetables, a day return to LON is essential. I remain hopeful for charters at the airport too, perhaps its time to look towards greece and turkey as possible destinations with FR circling.
It would be great to see a continental route to prague or somewhere like that, is it strange that Knock of all places doesn't have a flight to Rome?

Management seem to have a head on they're shoulder and development of infrastructure continues there, and staff are generally efficient, maybe a cargo link is needed?

So I guess the questoin is what next for NOC, they clearly need to work on timings and timetables, a day return to LON is essential. I remain hopeful for charters at the airport too, perhaps its time to look towards greece and turkey as possible destinations with FR circling.
It would be great to see a continental route to prague or somewhere like that, is it strange that Knock of all places doesn't have a flight to Rome?

Management seem to have a head on they're shoulder and development of infractucture continues there, and staff are generally efficent, maybe a cargo link is needed?