PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Navigation ATPL - Private tutoring
Old 30th Dec 2010, 17:54
Doug Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL General Nav

Hi I've just failed NAV PT03 Gen Nav Progress Test 3 for the second time - despite reading through the notes 3 + times / taking my own notes / reading my notes before the test / and cheating. I must be thick or summat?

Plotting on a Mercator / Scale on a Mercator / Lamberts Heading Calculation / Scale on Oblique Mercator / Mercator Variation / Pure Mental Stuff. The test asked about stuff that wasn't explained in the syllabus - ie direct comparison of different charts and plotting on a Lambert Chart. Maybe my powers of concentration are just not up to this stuff???

Not sure that if I do get through the progress tests somehow that I will in fact not just forget the whole lot of it before the exam as the topic is too mentally torturing and mind bendingly obscure and sooo far away from the usual in terms of what is useful for my brain to chew on. If this is a measure of the rest of the ATPL, I'm off to America .

If you wanna hook up for a day at Bristol, I'm up for it as you can't beat having a human to discuss things with in the flesh as opposed to staring at a whole load of text for hours on end .