PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief Pilot Interview
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 17:03
multime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Pilotette.
Firstly congratulations, your company thought highly of you, i asked the very same question 5 years ago.
Ultimatly it depends which company you work for, ie what environment are you working in.? Do you employ junior pilots, are you in a check and training role.? What area are you based. There is a difference between Melbourne wet season and Darwin. Expect alot of phone calls. Your life isn,t your own, not a bad thing. Document everything. Cover all bases.
Thats down the track. As previously noted know your regs inside and out. Know the difference between a class B maintaince release and a class A.
Why the hell i was asked that ? let some pen pusher in Darwin decide.
I don,t envy you one bit, Casa types spend weeks and months drolling over padantic pathetic bits and pieces that in a commercial reality don,t exist. Your dealing with pilots. Some self rightses, little spoilt up starts, and some who deserve to be there. Always remember where you started please. Choose your staff carefully, you will be the hire and firer.
I hope ultimately like our CP, you have a sense of calm, humour, and authourity, with respect.
Regards
Multi