PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FROM SK TO DY and back again....
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 16:14
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take it and RUN!

13th stage: how would that make the pilot union greedy? A greedy union would have demanded that the company pay for all type ratings AND provide a decent salary (Uh, make that "proper" instead of "greedy"). The point is, methinks, that no-one ever expected the lower 3-4 levels to be used anyway since DY did not have a functioning TRTO and/or capacity at the time the collective agreements were signed. SAS has done exactly the same thing; starting salaries are ridiculous if you were to join year 1 today, but I don't think anyone have ever been close to the bottom of their newest t&c ladder..? I stand to be corrected. Well, sitting down actually.

Anyway - I've talked to a five of the guys in question and all except one are going back. And why wouldn't they? FAR better T&Cs, and the working schedule will almost certainly mirror that of DY very soon. If you in addition to this value a working environment that is less stressful and more professional, the choice is very, very simple. You'd have to have some serious personal issues with the SAS management in order to turn down their latest offer!

FIRE!