PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines jet goes off runway in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Old 30th Dec 2010, 14:04
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
777flyer...thanks for setting a good example on critical airport ops.

thanks also for info on downsloping runway...I always briefed that as it is very critical and there is a visual illusion that can make for a long landing...it also allows all the junk on the runway to head towards the end making it slippery (than snot)...one must get it right on the runway and get the stopping drill in place.

I did just read that the CAPTAIN reported that the brakes didn't work. We shall see.

The MIDWAY Southwest over run , a number of problems there...but it took 18 seconds from touchdown to reverser deployment.

I would add to the excellent advice from 777flyer, that before departure to a critical airport that you check the reversers prior to takeoff...is there any delay or physical difficulty with the throttles?

This is an interesting incident and I hope we find out what happened....I wish I could see the video, but as a true airline pilot, I am TOO DAMN CHEAP to buy a computer new enough to make things like this work!