PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideas / suggestions for a twin
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2010, 08:50
TriMedGroup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the continued input, as i stated the aircrafts use will be part company/part commercial and i wont have any hope in hell of getting a chief pilot approval to operate anything turbine (be it S/E or multi) as the first twin on the AOC. The prospective charters remember are going to be Mildura-Essendon or Mildura-Canberra and the like, with, hopefully 3-5 pax. If the aeroplane costs a bomb to operate then the charter prices will be through the roof and no one wins.

Have been in contact with PA39 and spoken to the owner of the Shrike in question.

Jamair, the budget was initially for a C90 or a PC12 and spending $1M on a partybus wasnt an issue so the 206 is definately being replaced. Something faster and with a better payload and two non turbo piston engines to begin with.
From the numbers I have crunched a Shrike will eat an Aztec in terms of payload / speed, and has the benefit of club seats and a pax door.

There is some awesome gear for sale on controller.com and its a lot cheaper than any new aircraft so "new old" might be the way to go.

Thanks again for the input everyone.