PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 29th Aug 2002, 12:07
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Teropa, I have followed this thread from start to finish and, like PP, was interested in your comment
I know what I'm capable of, and what I could do if I had to. I'm not sure if everyone here can say that about themselves, regardless of their training.
It is true that I have seen someone as unlikly as a ladies hairdresser react with calm and responsibility in a moment of great terror (not on an a/c). However, it is true that NONE of us know what we are capable of and that must, therefore, include you. You know what you know on the ground.

In your favour, I should like to add that a large part of the problem that was not acknowledged by many that responded to you, was that English is not your first language. Given that it is not, may I say what very good English your write? Some of the words that you have used may have been read in a way that you were not expecting and thus gave rise to the strongly worded replies.

For my part, just reading your words, you sounded arrogant but, given the foreign language, that may not be the case.

Happy flying, wherever it may be.