PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 19:27
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exwok and Bellerophon

Between you, you have just about created a 'flash time machine'. An instant image of a real day and a real moment. I'll admit that though I looked at Bellerophon's picture with some care, it was only by reading his text that the image began to make some sense. Then along comes Exwok, casts his eyes over the image and suddenly we are squinting in the glare of high altitude sunlight and listening to the sound of the machine as she arcs across the sky, entirely comfortable with her environment and eye watering pace. Thank you both.

I don't wish to pry on personal sentiment, but having been part of a very elite band - only 97 people have flown Concorde including two women? Is that right? - isn't every memory retrieved by such things as that photograph, just pure, heart wrenching sadness? It is clear from this fabulous thread that the passing of Concorde has left an aching void in the lives of the contributors here.

Definitely thought provoking.

Which reminds me, apart from being the vanquisher of the Chimera, Bellerophon has more lately been warships of Her Majesty's Navy - at the battles of both Trafalgar and Jutland, but why a pilot?

Roger.