PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Networking in the industry - please help
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 18:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Networking is vital in this industry! It basically means getting your face known and liked and building up a network of contacts who can give you leads and openings and hopefully a recommendation.

How do you do that? Yes do wonder in, do offer to help, get to know key people who can smoothen your path ahead but above all be keen, peristant without being annoying and very determined.

Make as few enemies as possible as we are a small knit community and one enemy can do a lot of damage.
I have only two enemies and the one and I were pushed together so you will be surprised at how enemies are needed friends at some point ahead.

Also remember that this industry is full of protectionism and back stabbing so grow a thick skin, ignore, smile and carry on in a determined way until you hit Gold.

Remember most of the Captains and people you speak to have been there themselves and are happy to help if they can as long as they like your face.
If your female sexy and gorgeous? Well we wont go there as I know plenty of stories to tell

Pace