PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA PPL Training
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 13:29
BobD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi PNG, couldn't agree more about the exams, I am spending most of the Christams Holidays with my nose stuck in the books, as I hope to take at least half of the exams in early January. It definitely takes longer to sink in , the older you get. I have read all the Jeremy Platt Books from cover to cover once, and have started going back through them again now. I have joined www.airquiz.com, and find the mock exams on there very good. I personally find that it is easier to remember the topics I get wrong from these exams, although I know this doesn't work for everyone. The other thing it is reminding me to do, is to apply some exam discipline, i.e. read the question. Its a long time since I took any type of exam, and I had forgotten how easy it is to misread a question.

Mr. X99, I am sure you are right about the costs, at the end of the day, I expect the cost of the USA trip all in will be about the same as learning in the UK. However, the main reason for this approach is to (hopefully) get the PPL in a condensed timeframe. I reckon the course in the UK would take about a year or more if I did it at weekends, and I have too much else going on in my life to make that sort of committment .

I have to admit that the 'adventure' of the USA trip appeals as well though !