PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 12:57
pursuitofhappiness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! Greetings everyone!

I'm a very interested 21 y/o applicant of the program from the Philippines. I'm about to graduate with two university degrees in Computer Science and Management from the top private university of the country. However, as far as I tried to push myself studying and liking these particular fields, I long realized that my real calling is to become a pilot and I cannot be blinded by that fact anymore. Why? There's this ecstatic, inner feeling whenever I ride the airplane. I just love it. I love the feeling of flying, I love being at the airport, I like traveling, I like geography and maps, and everything about aviation. BUT, I don't have any flying experience yet.

So for those who have successfully made it to the Cadet Pilot Program without any flying experience, what are your advices so that I can have at least a fighting chance to be accepted in the program? What should I do now? Should I enroll myself for basic ground schooling about aviation before my interview? How should I answer their interview questions? How do you manage to show your desire/passion in becoming a pilot without having any flying experience? How can I prove to them that I really want this despite not having any flying experience?

I really, really want this opportunity. I hope you can help me.
Thank you so much! Happy Holidays everyone!