PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Termination of formal CRM training
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2010, 12:07
Big-Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my view, but I think there's still plenty of work to be done in the conventional classroom dissemination of CRM wisdom. I recognise that keeping the momentum going can be difficult but a good CRMI should be able to reinforce a selection of key points with a pertinent lesson plan. Some CRMIs have a natural stage presence, call it charisma, or whatever, but, at the end of the day, the ability to keep your audience is directly dependant on the material you use. I admit, it took me a while to learn how to pick on one seemingly small item in the syllabus and expand it into a lesson plan but keeping it original and refreshing is a good trick for those who can carry it off. and I'm not sying that I hit the all the time, every time. Delivery is crucial however.

Professor Reason states that we should not lose sight of our objectives in "the safety war". He asks, does an organisation have the understanding, culture and commitment to be effective? So, when talking about classroom CRM, I think we should ask ourselves is the consideration that it's now defunct, indicative of a lack of commitment, understanding and poor culture?