PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged) II
Old 29th Dec 2010, 10:13
ltnmad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that it is the Season of Goodwill to all men (and children) i will take it that your comments were tongue in cheek?

The fact remains that irrespective of Ryanairs management directives and how little they trust the judgement of their staff, the Captain is responsible for the safety and welfare of all on board including the cabin crew but especially the passengers.

It is well know that Ryanair discourage people in wheel chairs because it slows the turn round time down, it does, but there is still a duty of care.

Ryanair have little or no regard for its staff or passengers and sooner or later it will bite them on the bum, even the luck of the Irish will fade.

Consider this: the child in question here could have been an undiagnosed diabetic and could have died! Had this occurred who do you think Ryanairs PR team would have blamed? the parent? think not, the blame would have been laid squarely on the crew and in particular the Captain.

Once a delay goes beyond an hour with passengers on board with little sign of an improvement the Commanders remit must include the welfare of passengers.

Banning BALPA,employing CC who can barely grunt English, treating employee's like an inconvenient expense is one thing, but this is nothing short of a disgrace and will only serve to further empower Brussels to action against this outfits practices, you reap what you sow
Very well said.

As a poster previously mentioned, there is no need for parents to buy excessive supplies of baby products 'just incase' they are delayed for a number of hours. It's not their fault their trip was delayed for such an extended period of time and i'm sure had the so-called airline told them that they were to be sat around on the ground for so long after the aircraft had been boarded, they would have taken appropriate measures to ensure that both themselves and their children could comfortably survive the wait.

As for the CC, I can only presume that none of them are parents themselves as this treatment of Children, especially over Christmas time really does make my blood run cold. Besides, why is it RYRs policy not to sell food while the plane is grounded? With the Irish oaf, MOL you would think policies like this are the last thing on his mind in periods of bad weather and the likely grounding of several aircraft.

Stories like this really do make me think twice about flying with Ryanair!