PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates incident EK650 16.12.10: Engine failure?
Old 29th Dec 2010, 08:29
Flight650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates Flight EK650 engine catches fire in mid air and is forced to return to Dubai

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } I was on board this terrifying flight and all I could see was this large ball of fire streaking across the entire left side windows! Later I found out that an engine had caught fire. What made it worse was a little girl shouting “Fire! Fire!” at regular intervals and shrieking. It was a horrible. The stewardesses were also clueless and just seated glued to their seats.
What was even more terrible was that there were no officials once the flight landed back at the Dubai airport and for almost 3 hours no one in the airport was told about this or what to do next. So the passengers on flight 650 were just wandering about. The “refreshments” which the pilot mentioned when the plane was landing turned out to be a packet of juice and a cookie by a young boy at the gate much later, just before boarding. My mother was once in a BA flight that had technical trouble on the tarmac, the plane didn’t take off unlike ours, and she said how well they were taken care of back at the airport. Good luck with flying Emirates everyone.
I am sure if this happened at the JFK or Changi airports it would be handled much better.

I tried to go to the Emirates site to see who I can complain about this to, guess what, no one. There are only four or 5 questions you can complain about but for a flight that has caught fire and where the passengers had a terrible time in the air, no one to talk to at the airport, or once you come back home. Great service Emirates.