PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving DGCA conversion exams after PPL
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2010, 23:25
coolboy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giving DGCA conversion exams after PPL

Hello people,
Am Rajat from India, 18 years old who has come to USA for commercial pilot training.

Currently am in Miami, Florida doing my commercial pilot training here in Dean International school. Am about to complete my private pilot next week as am almost through and my checkride is scheduled for Jan 6.

I have come to know that:
1. DGCA is increasing exam count from present composite - Nav and met + air regs and RT to something more. Dont know whats the truth behind it so need some guidance.

2. The famous RT department is being given to DGCA now which increases chances of doing a recency as i know RT exams are really tough, the kind of questions they ask are sometimes plain stupid - eg - whats the temp of this tubelight was asked to one of my friend

3. Now am planning to finish my PPL, build hours upto 100 and then come back to India for giving the exams. Am i eligible to give all the exams which a pilot doing commercial from USA requires to get his license converted to Indian license?

4. Is it a good decision or bad decision, i feel its better i go back and easily give exams without the recency sword hanging on my neck, i know people who needed to do recency 2 times due to RT exams and i dont want to waste my time and money.

5. We need to give some extra exams when we come after doing a plain PPL right? What are they?

Is it worth the effort to come back and give exams, i have no problems with study, i can work hard and give 3-4 exams more but i dont wanna come back for recencies.
Thanks