PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2010, 23:09
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
JP:
....you are talking about alleged failures in the heirachy, on which, being long gone, I cannot comment.
Now that tuc has reminded us of the new base line from when the attack on UK Military Airworthiness began, ie the first half of 1987 (7 years preceding Mull), perhaps you can comment on "alleged failures in the hierarchy" JP, seeing as decisions taken in 1987 (or policy changes as the "hierarchy" are prone to call them) may thus coincide with when you were around before you became "long gone".
What are your recollections of such decisions, that were to affect the delicate self regulatory mechanisms of Military Airworthiness Provision as somewhat akin to the asylum inmates being armed with sledgehammers and picks to attack that mechanism until the inevitable happened? If the HC2 was an accident looking for a place to happen it was set on that path in that fateful year. 7 years later it found it, on a Scottish hillside, taking all 29 occupants with it.
That was the point of my "sermon", JP, ie that of the cause and effect of such decisions, which seems to have involved the issuing of illegal orders by Air Rank officers. Those decisions have now to be reviewed and dealt with. My message to those who might be so ordered in future was to learn from such decisions and their consequences, and to be ready with one's response. Others like you and I, now "long gone", can merely live with them.