PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 47 Classic F/E's
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2010, 02:58
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time at Home

SNS3Guppy, I am pleased you are having time at home and whilst I am not in the least concerned about your time I think it would be an opportunity for you to review your response to earlier posts of mine on another thread on "Tech Log" reference "Aircraft with no loss of Oil Pressure Procedure". Your have no reluctance to call others "liars", "trolls" and to generally dismiss any opinion which differs from your own. In your post #29 of 30Nov2010 on the above mentioned thread you wrote;

"The C130 (and L188, for that matter, even though the Electra/P3 does use upside engines) is a bit of a different animal, as it uses a seperate pressurised sump of H-5606 for the propeller; it doesn't use engine oil to control the propeller, or lubricate the gearbox".

My response, in post #30 and later posts, was to point out that the gearbox is indeed lubricated by engine oil which is supplied from the same oil reservoir which supplies the engine lubrication system, albiet the engine and gearbox having independent pressure pumps and scavenge pumps. Initially you ignored my post, however when specifically asked to respond you simply wrote, "You're wrong" and later when I asked you, via a PM, to accept that I am correct you accuse me of "fishing for information". Now is your chance to show me why your assertion that the gearbox on the T56 is not lubricated by engine oil is correct and my assertion that it is is wrong. It is not asking too much to have you accept that, in this instance, you wrote an incorrect comment.