PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2010, 23:16
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I first read the newsletter it sent the alarm bells ringing seeing words like 'surplus' and 'severancy.'

However, further reading of the letter actually discusses how this enhanced voluntary severance is hoped to be seen as very attractive to the higher earning Pilots who wish to retire or go to pastures new. Funny old thing that final salary pensions are currently being questioned through EU law, the retirement bulge is imminently going to take effect and there are a small number of opportunities out there for people to 'go to pastures new.'

A cynical person would say this is no more than sound management from TCX in getting the expensive ones out and bringing cheaper Pilots in at the bottom. I personally believe this is very healthy all round as it offers senior guys a possible golden hand shake, some commands and as a result of this, recruitment.

The newsletter does discuss how the establishment will be confirmed soon, which was scrutinised just prior to the permenant offers being handed out in October, so surely cen't have changed much if the fleet is staying the same?? There is the mention of command upgrades and recruitment depending of uptake of EVS. One would guess there will be some interest and that things will be changing over the next month as mentioned earlier. I personally don't see the latest development as a write off for recruitment....