PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 27th Dec 2010, 22:52
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guppy: as from my initial post, post #1:

"Interview questions used to be along the lines of "How did you accrue your hours? What lessons did you learn? Tell me about Vmca / Vmcg (piston vs twin jet).... How does the IRS work (then strap down gyros, etc...) Nowadays it's: "What do your parents think of you becoming a pilot?" ([/b][/i]refer CX Wannabes forum[/i][/b])."

No reference given, eh? True.... I did expect anyone questioning the claim to use the reference given (I know, I know.... The one too blatant provided). That may have taken some reading. Too much to ask to someone more hell bent on self righteous ridicule without the professionalism to research first.

You state "we" proved no reference given. No. Only you. Again, quit believing your self assumed omniscience.

I cannot find find ONE post linking or believing that salary scales directly proportional to pilot skill or ambition. Many have questioned motive for the job. Most have questioned the levels of professionalism & airmanship of those accepting lower T & C's owing to their competitive lack of experience as opposed to those with substantially more. You are the one flogging that agenda to death.

You deny airlines seek less experienced pilots via reduced pay scales: pay scales they know experienced pilots, by an overwhelming majority, will not accept. Reference: CX offer to the 60 experienced pilots for the CEP "short course" whereby all but 1 refused. There's another reference for you to deny it's existence & be too lazy to research!

I trust I didn't use any more words outside your vocabulary this time. No more response to you. I took 10 mins away from family & friends for the previous post & 5 this time. Like others' opinion here, you're just not worth it. Arguing with a narrow minded person isn't rewarding. Boring really.