PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 27th Dec 2010, 14:29
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You alone incorrectly interpreted my post & you alone jumped the gun to attempt to ridicule a point I gave, failing to check the reference given.
Among your failings in this thread, aside from the creation of the thread, was your failing to provide a reference. You still haven't done so. No link, no citation. What you did finally do is provide a partial quote, out of quotations (not in), addressing a portion of the post to which you referred. The best you could do, a lazy and poor approach was to refer the reader to the CX Wannabe Forum. Did you assume someone would go read the tens of thousands of posts there in the hopes of finding your material? This isn't the first time you've stated you provided the reference. You failed to do so. Therefore, there was no reference to check.

Once you did copy some of the information you deemed relevant, it turned out that the only thing this information did for you was reveal your lie.

You opened with the clear attempt to state that interview questions today are no longer technical, but instead revolve around questions such as "what do your parents think of you becoming a pilot?"

As we have already clearly shown, this was your lie.

You later produced some of the questions from the CX Wannabe Forum, showing two distinct groups of questions: one, technical, the other, HR. You attempted to suggest that technical questions have been supplanted in pilot inteviews by questions about parental consent...when in fact the very information you provided showed that technical questions were asked. You attempted to confuse the issue and deceive by mixing the question bases and types of interviews. Your post, and your efforts to support it, were a lie.

Your only links and citations, in fact, were to reports concerning experienced airmen who performed well under pressure. You provided no links, no citations, to anything else. In this you failed, just as you failed to make your point, and then failed to support your point by providing information which contradicted what you said. This has already been clearly shown, ad nauseum.

Your tact of ridicule & constant berratement against anyone daring to offer a different opinion defines & is the epitome of poor charactor, lack of common courtesy & of course professionalism or airmanship.
You confuse "berratement" with the truth. You lied. You deceived. You picked a forum which is frequented by the press and the media and dangled a lie, and it's been shown to be what it is. Held up to the light, examined without any great need for care, it's clearly deceit and a lie. You made a blanket statement condemning what you see as a spiraling downward trend in the industry, supported it with falsehood and lack of citation, and were revealed. You're clearly unhappy about this, but don't confuse that with ridicule and "berratement."

Your assertion that revealing the truth about your comments is the "epitome of poor character, lack of common courtesy, and of course professionalism or airmanship" doesn't really deserve much reply. What revealing your lie has to do with airmanship, one can only guess. You shouldn't have attempted to deceive and lie.
All you've done is rant from your own cocoon. Ask the many UA drivers if their lifestyle suffered under dubious [unscrupulous] beancounters. Ask the many, many RAL contracted pilots about their cut in salary. Open your cycloptic view to the REAL TERM salaries of pilots since derregulation in the States. Ask the CX pilots & / or their AOA about their appreciation of the new "C-Scale" being arranged....... Ask the wider pilot body if their salaries benefitted from paying for endorsements, ratings, uniforms, accomodation, tea/coffee refer to RyanAir). Since as you claim YOURS never has then how can anyone else's possibly??!! Arrogance in the extreme. Then again as the doyan & sole benefactor of all that is right & true you can answer all these with utter denial because your one-eye chooses not to look there, least of all posess the professional fortitude to read, study or comprehend more of the world outside your one man band. Like believing there's no hunger in the world since you're not the one going without.
Wow, that's quite a rant. I'm one of those US pilots receiving a "real term" salary since deregulation, by the way. No particular need to tell me what I make, seeing as it's my paycheck. Thanks for your concern, though, however much it may be none of your business.

Doyan. There's quite a word. I had to look it up. You assert that I'm the senior in my profession, do you? Interesting.

No, my salary has never been cut by an employer. I've been asked to take pay concessions, and have refused. I've quit and gone elsewhere, and I've had paychecks "bounce." My answer was to seek other employment. If pilots are so busy sucking at the big tit that they can't see it's dry, and can't move on to find better work, then perhaps they deserve to stay and shrivel away.

What the salary has to do with professionalism and airmanship, however, is at best a weak association and directly, a lie.

If your airmanship is a function of your salary, then you indeed display no professionalism or work ethic.

Do I fly less precisely if I'm paid less? Of course not.

If the pay is indeed cut or a lower tier introduced in the pay plan, does that mean training is done to a lower standard? Of course not.

Do you really think that airlines seek out the least experienced and least competent pilots they can find? Of course not.

You've failed to provide citations in your initial post, save for two; one to the Qantas event, and one to the US Air event. Neither represents inexperienced aviators or poor airmanship.

You alone have bought this dislike of you from not only me but others here seeking an intelligent debate on real issues we see as important. Most of us welcome an open & informative debate where we accept others' opinions & inputs. You haven't the charactor nor integrity to participate but for your arrogance & utter lack of professional courtesy.
Gee, that really hurts. TopTup doesn't like me. Ouch. The day looks darker already. Whatever shall I do? (Forget about it entirely, most likely). You really know how to hurt a guy. Then again, perhaps not.

You really don't like people disagreeing with you, do you? You don't take it well, do you? You do not.

It's unfortunate that you had to lie, and it's unfortunate that you had to be revealed. It's unfortunate that you've continued to argue for and support your lie through all these pages, and it's unfortunate that your blood pressure is slowly rising as you support the lie. The fix is easy. Stop the lie.

You've whined about "beancounters" and pay tiers. You've whined about deregulation. You've whined about pay, and you've lied about interview questions (and even about your own references and citations...the ones you failed to provide). What you haven't done, and can't do, is show an association that proves that airmanship and professionalism in the cockpit is dead, and that those who engage in quality airmanship are a "dying breed."

I've yet to meet a single pilot, not one, in my entire career, who has said "I'm not getting paid enough, so I won't train to the same standard, and I won't fly accurately and precisely, and safety is going to suffer today." I've yet to meet a pilot who failed to perform his or her best because the wages weren't enough. I've yet to meet a pilot who risked the lives of passengers, or the safety of property because of "beancounters." Perhaps this is as you suggest, arrogance, seeing only through my own eyes and a full career spanning the globe. I can't see through your eyes (and frankly would rather be skewered with bamboo splinters), so I won't try. If you think restricting my observations to that which I've personally observed to be "arrogant," then so be it.

If you want "arrogant," try imposing your views on the world, lying in the reporters forum, and making wild, industry-condemning accusations without any basis of fact, citation, or ability to back it up. That would be you, of course, but don't let it stop you. Thus far, you certainly haven't.

Are you honestly going to tell me that pilots under the CX C-scale are less able airman, display poorer airmanship, are less professional, and less capable of doing their job?

Are you honestly going to tell me that UA (presumably you mean United Airlines: you throw around a lot of acronyms and jargon, an unfortunate assumption on your part, but one of many) pilots are less able airman, display poorer airmanship, are less professional, and less capable of doing their job because of "dubious (unscrupulous) beancounters?"

If so, then you can't help but lie.

All the world is stupid but you, eh?
I said no such thing, but let me ask you this: do you consider yourself to be "all the world?"

If so, I think you have your answer.