PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest - F100 for Argyle?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2002, 05:22
geoffrey thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry that I have not been able to respond to the various comments about my story earlier.

However I spoke to several Skywest pilots who rang me. Naturally they are not going to admit to colleagues that they have rung me BUT they did. There are in fact by all the contrasting comments on this post very different views on this wet-lease and its effects.

And for those who think I am "Skywest bashing" the facts do not support the asertion.

1. I knew about the boardroom brawl in April.

2. Did not report it till BM was dumped and you may be interested to know that other directors/shareholders arranged for the Financial Review and ABC to actually attend the shareholder meeting when he was axed and I was barred....wonder why??

3. We could have painted Skywest management as idiots over the comments made by GM David Fletcher last week to our reporter which appeared in Friday's West relating to the F-50 problem out of Geraldton. (And yes we have it on tape)

"We blow hydraulic hoses quite regularly" and "We can't determine the life of a hydraulic hose".

I discussed the issue with the Skywest pilot's union rep and CASA and did nothing. (In fact Skywest have had three such failures in eight years...excellent record in fact).

Best Geoffrey T