PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can a B777 first officer be so young?
Old 27th Dec 2010, 05:09
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
the thing I want to know is how to be a pilot of a 747/777 at a young age like 25. You need a lot of hours and experience on big jets. That is also for first officer, there like 35 or 40 years of age. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY HOW TO BE A 747 PILOT AT A YOUNG AGE
The fact is that in some parts of the world flying a big jet is very difficult and in other parts of the world it is the first thing one touches after flight school.
Countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, NZ all have either a big market or a very mature aviation market which makes getting into airlines on the whole a difficult task. No jet airline in any of these countries would hire a 200 hour pilot. Yet in Asia this is very normal and in Europe it is not that unusual either.

If you want the fastest track. Well if you are in any of the countries I mentioned there is no fast track, I would suggest that you go overseas somewhere....seriously.

If you are in Europe, get into a Low Cost Carrier ASAP, as soon as you have enough A320 or 737 time try for one of the Middle East carriers. If you are in Asia getting into a jet airline shouldn't be that difficult.