PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair evacuation in Kerry
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2010, 04:45
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to so certain, a week later.

d105, and how long did it take for you to be sure they got it wrong?

While I sit here in my smoke and fume filled cockpit, can you call the tower and ask them to send someone out to check whether the runway is contaminated with de-iceing fluid? Thanks, I'll just sit here and wait until they call me back.
Did we ever get that second cup of coffee? Maybe we can have it now while we wait for the news from ATC.

Ah, thanks for that. So, no fluid on the runway then he says, I wonder what else it could be then?

Call the No 1 and see if there's a problem in the cabin? No reply? I wonder why?

I can't see the door through all this smoke to tell you whether that smoke is coming in from the cabin or here in the cockpit and going into the cabin, maybe you could go and look?

If and when it happens to you d105, will you sit there and tell your fellow pilot, it's probably de-iceing fluid, nothing to worry about. Or maybe it isn't, maybe it's a fire in the roof lining or under the floor or ...... boom!

When someone wants your opinion on a matter of life and death, be sure to give the safest option otherwise you might also be on the list of deceased.