PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS A380 Uncontained failure.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2010, 22:40
bearfoil

Annex14

Thanks for that data, I managed to get it before the post altered its aspect.

What I notice is that while the Ns and the rpm fluctuate, the Oil reads are fairly stable. I think most noticeable is the quantity, stable at 12 Quarts. Had there been a depletion of Oil feeding the "Oil Fire" I would have expected the quantity to diminish. At twelve, the total in the tank seems representative, and additional oil in the system can be assumed to have remained consistent given depletion (supply) rates and return (scavenge) to replace it. The Temp and Pressure reads fluctuate slightly, but this may be due to vibration caused sensing errors.

There is a possibility that in the mechanical process and timeline of severe internal damage, the Driveline was arrested to the gearbox and pumps. If the Ring gear on the IPShaft (Drive) failed, Fuel flow would stop, as the HP pump is driven by this Driveshaft. I believe the Oil Pump Lines would continue pumping, but if not, it becomes clear that at least from a data standpoint, the Oil System was tracking normally up to and through the casing loss and IT burst. IMO>

If the Pressure had zeroed, the ECAM would show this in red, Aural Warning would trigger, and an ACARS would transmit. Oh, and "Master Caution".

Last edited by bearfoil; 26th Dec 2010 at 22:52.