PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking at Caribbean Airlines.
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2010, 18:59
liverbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at Caribbean Airlines.

Am thinking seriously about applying for Caribbean Airlines, can some one fill me in on what a first officer earns, and what is the leave rotation like?
Always fancied and wanted to live and work in the Caribbean!
I understand that they have ordered 9 new ATR72 Aircrafts, and some 15 Boeing 737NG, to make a fleet total of 32 aircrafts.
Also were do the Caribbean airlines pilots do there Type ratings on the 737NG, and are they bonded for a couple of years?
Am I right to think that an Aircraft on the medium and short haul flights, will have in the region of 8 to 10 Pilots per Aircraft or even more, so that makes a total of 256 to 320 pilots need to fill the gap.
So my estimates, is that they will need an extra 120 to 150 extra pilots over the next couple of years, or even more if they continue to expand around the Caribbean and find new routes into the United States.
I understand that many of the BWIA and Air Jamaica pilots have headed of to new pastures in the Middle East.
So what are the prospects like for someone without an 737NG Type rating?
And some 400 flying hours with 200 multi behind them.
And yes! I am a British citizen and can get a Jamaican passport as my Father is from Jamaica.

Thanks…