PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIP & ERSA Amendments: AsA survey
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2002, 23:47
Trash 'n' Navs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john_t
As to the situation for the infrequent GA flyer .. his/her needs would be suited to periodic net access with the notams of the day .. I can't really see a difficulty there.
That's exactly my point though. If the regular drivers allow the infrequent GA driver who has a very vocal association to swamp the survey with that idea, then AsA will sieze the response as indicative of the industry. The few regular GA users and professional drivers will then have to put up with the inconvenience of one issue a year and then have to print out a book of NOTAMs every time they go flying then sit down to write huge pen amendments whenever AsA change their mind again. I prefer to have a new book issued regularly then have minimal pen amendments and only temporary NOTAM's to wade through.

Don't sacrifice safety on the alter of cost. Until AsA come up with a reasonable justification and provide a risk assessment, the amendments cycle shouldn't be changed.

I'm fed up with Government agencies kowtowing to the vocal minority.

As for ulm , going for the wind-up heh? Because if you're serious when you say
I'm sure since safety has no price you wouldn't baulk at paying for it.
I'm appalled that you think you're immune from the risks of flying. Or perhaps you're one of those types who don't look out the window, talk on the radio or squawk IFF. Safety is the responsibility of ALL operators. Dumb comments ulm, just plain dumb.