PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest place for watches?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2002, 22:39
BEagle

Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
There used to be a Breitling dealer in the local town; however they are no longer appointed dealers as I found out when I went there to drop off my Aerospace for a battery and seal change. So I rang Breitling UK to ask what to do, commenting "I could always pop in to a dealer in Bahrein next time I'm there to have it done while I wait!".

They patiently explained that there is no such thing as an authorised 'while-you-wait' battery change for a Breitling! The reason is that it must go through a power soak as part of the test - and that takes a few days. So all you cheapskates who think that you're being clever - beware! You are being conned, you could be risking damage to your very expensive timepiece and it will have no recognised warranty! I then took my watch to Breitling UK, they did the approved battery change and test and also replaced the Z-spring in the bracelet and tightened up the rotating bezel slightly for no additional charge. The watch was returned to me within the quoted time by courier - excellent service indeed!

Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish. You get what you pay for - and few Breitling dealers are authorised to change batteries or to conduct other repairs!

Mine is a titanium and titanium nitride ('gold') highlighted pre-'repetiton minutes' model. Still as good as the day I bought it 7 years ago and I still think that it's the most stylish version of the Aerospace which they've ever produced. As for cleaning it - I just give it a scrub when I'm doing the washing up!