PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why in QA Flight Deck Crew n Cabin Crew does not get along very well ?
Old 25th Dec 2010, 17:49
Gutter Airways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair, the problem lies on both sides of the flight deck door.

Some of the worst treatment of Cabin Crew I have seen has been here.

Everyone puts on a smiley face, exchanges niceties, and mentions the 'CRM' and 'Teamwork' words during the brief, but then when the sh!t hits the fan, the same guys will run a mile to distance themselves from any problems in the Cabin. Why? because they are more interested in number one - themselves.

Dealing with disruptive passengers in the past, I have been told on occassions by Captains, "we are not paid to deal with this" or "it is not part of my job". Another guy said that once you interject in a situation, you are then a part of the problem. As Cabin Crew, what are you to think of someone like that? They will probably think 3 times before approaching you with a problem again.

We should stand up for our crew. Most of them work hard, put up with a lot, are young, inexperienced and under a lot of pressure. The least we can do is show them that they have our support, and that they can rely on us.

Respect is earned.