PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will airlines start preparing safety cases?
Old 24th Dec 2010, 16:13
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PBL
I do suggest that the best way to find out about safety cases is ... corresponding with someone like me who really knows.
Originally Posted by Shell Management
How modest and self-deluded of you.
Thanks, my friend, I didn't realise it was going to be so easy.

For people who had thought about maybe paying attention to some of what our friend says:

I was invited by the German standards committee on functional safety of systems with programmable components last year to prepare guidelines for Germany on software assessment and documentation regarding such systems, in other words guidelines for software safety cases.

I have been invited to talk about this work at the 16th International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies, otherwise known as Ada-Europe, which is meeting jointly with the Ada-UK conference in Edinburgh in June 2011.

Suffice it to say that, if the person self-identifying as "Shell Management" really had much to do with safety cases, heshe would likely have known. Certainly none of my real colleagues would think of abusing me in public quite like this.

PBL