PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2010, 14:34
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy memories? I'm not sure.

M2Dude wrote:

I hope the enclosed diagram helps to put it all in place.

Best Regards
I haven't needed to read a diagram like that in .... a whole grown up persons lifetime! AND gates and OR gates, 'Op Amps' and an Exclusive OR, if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks Dude, that really puts texture to cold facts. While you are all taking the trouble to explain a hundred small elements of Concorde's make up, I'm sure many of the readers hooked on this thread will be blinking back tears of insipient brain damage at some of the control logic you have all spoken about.

Certainly it sounds, from time to time, that there were a million little black boxes dotted all over her airframe. I suspect however, that many of the 'terms' and 'laws' spoken about are simply a gate or two, perhaps an op' amp, placed in a larger circuit that modulates the output of that board, thus creating the law or term.

I know you have answered my original question about calibrating all these circuits, but nothing I've seen here yet has reduced my frank admiration for the guys (and girls?) who designed the electronics for Concorde. It required true creativity and instinctive engineering that I doubt still exists. Digital control is a hell of a lot easier than Analogue - in my humble opinion.

Seasons greetings to everyone on this thread, especially to our (growing - welcome Clive ) band of Concorde experts.

Roger.