PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2010, 09:29
Bearcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find Ryanairs statement on their website appalling. Yes the airport is a mess but the trolls like racedo add nothing but village idiot demensia to the thread. The rwy closed yesterday evening again because of persistent snow but most important braking action was quoted as poor which threw a grenade into the process for landing aircraft. Numerous FR flights refused to accept landing clearance with the poor reports. I don't know what happened to them but FR's comment re more sweeping equipment wouldnt have made a damn difference re whether the airport would have remained open longer.....crews were running out of hours everywhere so I suppose you have to blame someone as per the FR culture. Similar weather at Chicago O'Hare last week closed the airport, likewise they have multiple rwys so when the active rwy starts to receed re useability they have a hot spare ready to go. Dublin does not have this capacity or facilty....in that sweeping rwy 16 intersects with taxiways for rwy 28 and would impede upon the 28 threshold....not a runner.

The bottom line is the DAA will not come unscathed from this......heavies cant get onto their stands due non movement of other aircraft so no one is still not going anywhere and place is creaking at the seams there.