PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quit Aviation Now. There are No Jobs
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2010, 05:18
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phalconphixer
Thats the way it is nowadays, Most CAAs around the world close ranks about the new EASA system which approves this 37 weeks course for a basic knowledge about A/C systems, It took me about 2 years to finish my avionics course in the 147 school from which I graduated (both practical training and theoritical), I still know next to nothing but I'm trying to cover the areas of defecencies (by reading extra material in my free time and researching onto whatever I dont know), Its not like if I did a 15 months training of communication solely I would know ''everything'' it's hard to claim to know everything, you need to somehow embody what you had studied in your theoritical classes to have a good perspective about it and here comes the work experience part, I'd say work experience is the most essential factor in determining who will be hired by employers and thats what he lacks currently.
That said I think he still has a potential I know his age could be a stumbling block onto getting an apprenticeship but he can still get in as a technecian and work his way up to engineering if he really wants to, Tries hard enough and stop being a pessemist.