PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Real Truth . . .
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2002, 18:44
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dome - I have to say that your posting is, unfortunately, no more than educated opinion - there is, unfortunately, not a shred of hard evidence - even of an anecdotal nature - with which to back up your opinion.

That having been said, I do tend to agree with your sentiments, which is why I said "unfortunately...."

Without evidence though, it is unlikely that any airline management will take your posting seriously.

I remember a junior manager visiting London Gatwick a few years ago, just as the internet was in its infancy here in the UK. "Right, people!" he began, "What do you think our competitors are going to be like in the future?"

"Well, sir", a colleague began, "We have Fax, Internet and Video Conferencing just around the corner. High Yield Business Traffic won't need to travel as much! Businesses are cutting costs, they certainly won't be putting junior executives in First and Business Class!"

"Boll*cks!", was the reply, " I'm not interested in that sh*t! I'm only interested in what our competitors - you know - other airlines are going to be doing!"

That junior manager now sits on the British Airways Board!!! Frightening, isn't it!!!