PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 12:28
Iflyjad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this thread/forum and have been reading with interest the comments on RACWA. I have been a member for some 5 years and completed my PPL at RACWA.

Like many of you I have experienced the frustrations with club training/fleet etc and am particularly angry with the previous committee and CEO for the decisions (read indecision in many instances) undertaken and the mess they have created. But, I have also experienced the good side of the club. I have made many friends by involving myself in the various flying activities and have learn't much about flying through these activities and from the more experienced flyers and instructors.

I therefore don't want to see RACWA being wound up by Administrators which is a pretty simple call right now. I understand the financial situation the club is in and how difficult it will be to keep it as an ongoing concern but I think we should give the new committee and CEO a chance to work a plan and perhaps with a little luck and much hard work a new RACWA may emerge. I know through a number of discussions with them over the past few weeks that a number of initiatives are underway - some of which have already been hinted at in this forum and some that may radically change RACWA.

The best thing that we members can do right now is to continue to support the club over the next few months - if the Administrators are coming they will need to be called pretty soon or else the new committee will be exposed. Do some flying, get involved and bring your ideas to the committee. The club particularly needs the ideas and support of our younger members - we will know soon enough if we still have a RACWA.

Regards