PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas appoints new 'Head of Safety'
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 06:21
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the google search thing without any real information turning up because I have never heard of Susan D’Ath Weston.
Has anybody else?
Internal appointment. She has been with the group for a couple of years. Not a big player but keen as mustard to play in the big leaugue. The job is a poison chalice and an extra layer to protect the upper echelon when the next debacle unfolds. Every organisation appoints a fall guy/gal, correct ??
Head of $afety.........hmmmm interesting title although it's doubtful that anything will be done to change a festering culture that discourages reporting and persecutes those that intervene to stop unsafe practices.
When you have a risk management system that is build on off balance sheet cost mitigation, then the 'Head of Safety' needs to have a lot of hands on aviation experience, a thick skin and an airtight exit clause in their contract.
Da little fella is trying to place somebody in the mix who still has relatively dirty hands rather than somebody who has 20 years experience sitting in swanky coffee clubs and reaping executive rewards based solely on losing touching with reality.
I wish her all the best, a kevlar vest to protect her back is my only advice......