PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing claims 747-400ER is fastest commercial airplane in the sky (what about Conc ?)
Old 28th Aug 2002, 14:33
moggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! 0.85M - Boeing 40 years behind the drag curve as usual.

1960s VC10 cruising speed 0.84-0.86, certificated at 0.925 (I know - I have hand flown it at that speed).

What a drag it used to be crossing the altlantic stuck behind a 747 that could not go as high or fast as us.

Concorde (USA residents, note spelling with the "E"), makes money and always will. More than can be said for USAir, AA, Continental etc and Boeings Commerical airplanes division.

Take a look at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC. The Rolls Royce Dart and 211 are there, along with a Harrier. Guess which nation conveniently forgets to mention that these firsts were designed in the UK? Last time I was there, Concorde didn't even exist (at least as far as the museum was concerned)!!!!!

God bless the USA - and enjoy your lonely, unfounded war with Iraq whilst the rest of us are doing something more sensible. Then you can save your "friendly fire" for your own troops for a change. You can win that one like you did Vietnam (ask Hollywood!).

Sits back and waits for Flak (which is NOT an American word but I guess we can expect them to claim it from the Germans!).

Last edited by moggie; 28th Aug 2002 at 19:28.