PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 22nd Dec 2010, 17:15
geo7E7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EY Seekers.....

To all the new joiners into EY, tell yourself this (after reading all the threads from pilots in EK, QR and also EY, you'll have some clues of what's going on...) that there is NO perfect airline in this part of the world.... but then again, is there any perfect one out there...???? You will be surrounded by loads of unhappy pilots but there are also some contented, happy bunch here merely because they care less about what's going on and/or maybe things are a lot worse from where they came from! PPrune is where we voice out our frustrations, anger and dissatisfactions toward certain group of people - mostly the management and the people who support them and the system they embarked on - from behind the curtain. Some are true and some are just pure exaggerated stories (big MAYBE) but if you've been in PPrune long enough, you probably can gauge the trend of some characters and their attributes too. One day it's all gloomy and full of anger and the next he/she's all chirpy and funny....simply because we are human, we do that all the time and if we are all disgruntled and stressful, we should stay away from the fltdeck or even commercial flying altogether!
There are many reasons why we picked EY and it varies from one person to the other but if you're into the big bucks, profit sharing terms, guaranteed yearly bonuses, your presence is acknowledged by another crew, chauffeured driven to work, huge 5-room villas with a pool, a free membership at the local golf course and all requests are granted on your monthly rosters then I can't say much about EY for now - the only consolation to that is 'they're still working on it'. Currently, the minus signs are more prominent than any plus signs we're supposed to see but again my term of minus and plus signs may differ from the others.
Do your own self assessment about EY and here in PPrune is one of the channels you can start at but do not chew all you see and hear from us! I've flown with pilots who wanted/decided to "leave" years ago but still I see them wearing the same uniform going to or coming back from work with the same long-faces (and they probably say the same thing too when they see me) but do yourself a favor - do not succumb to all the promises people make to you - have it in black and white, then you decide - if you don't do that, once you're here (or anywhere) it'll all be grey! You'll probably start a thread condemning the people and company you're working with no matter where you go.

I don't expect any PPruners to agree with me here but this is just my humble advise to those who're deciding.