PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW vs LHR
Thread: LGW vs LHR
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2010, 16:24
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought.

I have been wondering if, in view of recent events at Heathrow, BA will consider having more services at Gatwick to counter any future difficulties.

For example on some long haul routes with more more than daily service it might be an idea to offer them from both airports. I am no expert but Gatwick like Heathrow does have good links to London. Also with Heathrow near capacity it may prove helpful. For example, I heard that BA would like an extra daily Hong Kong service. I feel that people on long haul flights are less worried about it being Gatwick or Heathrow as long as the airport is accessible(that includes feeder flights which BA and Flybe could easily provide). I hope I don't sound naive suggesting this!!

From what I read those flights that BA have at Gatwick both short haul and long haul perform well. They should also be more prepared to compete with Easy. Many people I know say that are happy to pay alittle more for the BA product especially for special holiday trips as an example.

I don't really want to get involved in a which is better debate. Despite recent problems as a fairly regular Heathrow/Gatwick user I am fairly proud of both airports and what they try to do. I just wonder if BA is missing a trick by not spreading services between the two a little more.

Comments welcome but please be gentle lol.