PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caution: BAe146 Job offers at National Jet?
Old 22nd Dec 2010, 03:20
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Icarus I agree it is up to the PG reps to communicate, however at a base level you get what you vote for. I remember request after request for base reps to add to the monthly news letter. (that is the main form of communication apart from word of mouth)
The same people put time and effort in, others did nothing but turn up to the talk fests. Little preparation and little to add. I suspect the same happened within their base. I have no idea what drove them to nominate in the first place. It certainly wasn't to make a difference.

The pilots nominate and vote for their rep, if their rep isn't living up to their expectations they can either nominate them selves (hahaha unlikely) or encourage some one who will do the job to accept a nomination. Perth being the classic example (the largest base, the most whinges), no one could be bothered nominating, so they ended up with a Cairns pilot representing them, good work boys! Now where are BAE146, flyingfox et all based?
Brisbane, Adelaide had no one for a long time. Not even any one to distribute the info.

The reality is rather than risk being seen by management as a trouble maker they get on pprune, as it is anonymous, and have a bitch about why their colleagues haven't made their life better.

"Future Horizons" even just typing the words sends a shiver down my spine. It put the company back into the dark ages as far as HR goes.
Isn't that the truth.
The turning point in HR was the change in management. Whether you liked "smithy" or not (I did) he certainly wasn't of the same ilk as his predecessors, nor was DM. I have no idea of her financial management skills, her ability to work with her subordinates was streets ahead of the latest bunch.