PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Website
Thread: NAS Website
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2002, 11:51
Capcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Bravo....

Neddy
The same however can be said of the light aircraft involved in the consequential breakdown. If they are incapable of adjusting to changed circumstances then they shouldn’t be flying.
Assuming the events went as reported there are 2 issues here only:-

1. Are multiple pilots attempting ATC from the cockpit going to visualise, understand in the same way and thus fly based on the same perceived sequence??
2. Assuming everyone knows about everyone else and has the 3D picture in the same way, will they see and correctly identify the aircraft they are following??.

This is by no means questioning the pilots involved rather the guesswork they were all doing at the time!!

The AA5 pilots I have no doubt were very nearly statistics due to the inadequacy of “See and Avoid” as a primary means of separation. Any system must give pilots a RELIABLE chance. See and Avoid fails sufficiently often to have me convinced that without 3rd party alerting in the terminal area, YOU ARE ONLY RELYING ON LUCK!!

Ned, I have watched countless professional pilots in perfect conditions miss others in reasonable proximity and never see each other. Again not a criticism rather a fact of life!!

YOU CANNOT SEE EVERYTHING ALL OF THE TIME, especially in the terminal areas. Wings, cowlings, pillars, roof, floor, tail etc are made of NON-SEE through Aluminium!!!!!!!

ULM

Blood pressure OL’ Bean. Gotta protect that medical!!

Interesting that you make my argument regarding “Powering Aircraft systems”. It is a simple answer PRIM RADAR. It can see your Trike and everything else. Nothing else can!!

Oops, that must be “your tail” coming up in “your 12”!!!!

Erudite Posts All.

We are approaching the end game!!!