PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. Military Crews Won't Be Part of SAR-H Deal
Old 21st Dec 2010, 17:44
chopabeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I note that my comments were dismissed in a fairly cavalier manner. This is unfortunate as it may lead those viewing the forum to conclude that the comments made in opposition to mine are correct. They are not. I will not enter in an argument as it is pointless. Rather, I implore all viewing to look at the FACTS... Do your own research (that way you will trust the numbers). How much would new helo's cost to buy, and run? 65% less than SOTERIA claim. How much to run them? Interesting - I note a lot of posters have said that the MOD is too expensive and hard to change. Really? Seems to me it is changing in unheard of ways at the moment - it employs some incredibly intelligent people - is it really unable to change? No, it is not. Now, those supporters of the civilian option will scorn and scoff and deride my comments, I am sure, but I am still right. Nikki may have CV's, but only from those who are unwilling or more realistically unable to revert to the mainstream MOD - a new employee who was so bad as a QHI his entire course refused to fly with him - you won't believe what position he has been given!- great, well done Soteria.... far more telling is to look at a list of those who have not applied. There exists a hunger and a desire in the MOD to provide an world leading SAR force, as has been the case for years - if a private contractor can match that service, then good, well done, and crack on. If they cannot, they will have blood on their hands. This is a disaster waiting to happen - I will document it all and report back with alacrity. Deriders may pour scorn on me, but when it comes to SAR, I care, and I know exactly what I am talking about. If others have been SAR crew, run Sqn's, and now run SAR contracts in Civvy street (albeit abroad), as senior managers, then you may berate me, otherwise please accept that I speak with a clear conscience and a heavy heart. And I assure you I am right.