PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2010, 16:13
CliveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

quoten boarding Concorde, I gave my business card to the purser, asking that she pass it forward. A few minutes later as the door was closing she came back to pass along an invitation from the skipper to join them in the cockpit.

For the balance of the climb I plied the guys with questions and received courteous and detailed answers to every one, I stayed through the supersonic acceleration until I thought I'd worn out my welcome at cruise climb, returning to my seat in the mid cabin area for lunch. They invited me back for the descent and approach, which was very well appreciated.unquote

When I retired I flew to Wsahington and back with BA and when the crew found I was on board I also got invited to view TO and approach from the jump seat. The main difference was that it was me that was plied with questions

My main memory is that it is one thing to argue with the airworthiness authorities about 'pilot delay times' when calculating balanced field lengths, but when you are sitting at the sharp end and getting towards V1 the end of the runway is approaching at a helluva lick which puts a degree of realsim into one's thoughts!

The other memory is the sheer beauty of London when approached sitting in the front of a Concorde on a clear winter's evening when the lights are on.

CliveL