PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does KLM get away with such poor customer service
Old 21st Dec 2010, 13:54
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't honestly think it matters who you're flying with at the moment. The staff at the most affected airports are simply overwhelmed with the workload placed on them. Most pax only think of themselves and forget that there are thousands in the same predicament. The available staff just can't cope. Most do their very best under very trying conditions, but at these times of high stress it is inevitable that the odd staff member will just not have the character to cope. They shouldn't have been employed in the first place of course, but that's another story. I agree that the most frustrating aspect can be contradicting statements made by staff. This stems to a large extent from poor communications within the company and inadequate training of the staff. My numerous experiences with KLM are mixed, ranging from excellent to disappointed. Then again, I could say that for most of the airlines I fly with. It just depends on the day. One thing's for sure, I'm glad it's not me that has to assist hundreds of tired, frustrated and upset weather affected pax during this period.