PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing in 'safety cover-up' - Documentary on Al Jazeera
Old 21st Dec 2010, 11:47
John Boeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A, if you read my last post you will see that (IMHO) I don't expect this issue to cause aircraft to start having any major problems while airborne. Any problems that arise are quite far more likely to become visible to maintenance before they become that serious. So I would agree that calls for grounding are an over the top reaction.

What I take umbrage with is Boeing behaving like a backyard boat builder when it comes to accepting and using, incorrectly made, ill-fitting major aircraft parts - instead of chucking them in the rejects bin and crawling all over their supplier like a bad rash.

Constant denials by everybody that nothing shoddy happened here and ignoring all proof that it did, while trying to destroy anybody who can prove it did, is....well you know what it is!

Admittance of a huge breakdown in correct practices and visible, huge overhaul of them is what is needed. But I guess even that might be too damaging to the Boeing reputation. I wonder if there is any chance that they might secretly fix by getting the supplier to do the job correctly - wouldn't that be amazing!

Quote: "The video?
Pure horsepucky....but, it will suck in the uninformed, make no mistake.
Jeez Louise...the Eurolanders will believe anything."

Just tell us all one thing 411A, how exactly do you want to describe the ex-Boeing and FAA people in the video?

Again - "There are none so blind as those who will not see."