PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpleasant Experience on QR
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2010, 04:30
Chonchord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaxBoy & Hotel Tango got it right.
As I said the entire processes had broken down from the get-go due to incompetence. Parents with children weren't boarded first; passengers weren't checked for excess luggage (and we saw many with 2-3 large pieces), putting the onus on the passengers at the back of the queue, etc. etc.
As for whether we had 85KG carry-on, NO, we perhaps had about 20. Medical supplies and coats and hats don't weigh 85 KG. What I meant was that unlike most other passengers who had so much luggage that they saw the need to bring their excess into the cabin to avoid paying charges, we had way less than our alloted amount.
I was thinking of the crew (which is indeed why I wrote this) as I'm intimiately familiar with QR's heavy hand with them. We weren't shopping or at the bar. We were at gate in fact. It was just that as it was announced, people swarmed all around the bus and it looked like a cattle drive. I wasn't going to get involved in a pushing and shoving situation to board the bus.
As for experience, yes, I'll chalk it up to that and will not board their busses from the back door as they pushed us in there like Shanghai metros. But I still plan to go to HQ and have a chat. The way I see it, we're recruited/asked to come to Qatar (and other GCC) to modernise their processes. If I don't say anything, nothing will change. I did the same with Q-Tel and went to see their district manager without involving names of personnel, and I did the same with a certain security entity in Doha.