PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Clarity Vs Aera 500
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 22:16
liam548

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan_D
Liam,

interested to hear about the pooleys guides, I'm considering getting them for my Clarity also. What's the resolution like on the Clarity's screen? Can you zoom to view the smaller detail on an airfield's plate OK (like a taxiway name for example)?

Alan.
The resolution is good and you can zoom in no problems and read the detail. I have yet to have a proper play around with it yet though.

I am wondering if it will automatically open up the chart upon landing at an airfield allowing you to follow the Pooleys chart while you taxi, that would be useful. The screenshots on the airbox website seem to suggest this..

One issue at present though is that if you click on an airfield that is under a "relevant pooleys guide" it opens up that guide.

For instance click the crossland moor pooleys chart and it actually opens up the Manchester CTR/CTA pooleys page instead. This is going to be fixed though I am told.

I do have the Pooleys loose leaf guide 2011 but thought it would be nice to have the digital format to hand at all times while flying.