PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 19:34
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I never managed to get a copy but the best 'bad dog' one I ever saw was from the Met Police ASU at least 20 years ago [so probably AS355N] .... scene a suburban back gaden.... FLIR picture of a search using a dog..... white heat.... you could easily see the suspect hiding in the bushes by a shed and hear the helicopter observer trying to direct both the dog and its handler to the glowing target.... back and forth they go past the heat source at a distance of 2-3 feet. They just did not connect...

Eventually the clearly distracted K9 walks up to the back of the garden and squats...... depositing a glowing 'torpedo' on the garden .......

Eventually coaxed back to the [other] job in hand .... there was a repeat of the failure to find the target..... the scene eventually ends with the dog handler picking up the dog and throwing it at the target still hiding in the bush!

Arrest made!

Someone must have a copy out there somewhere....

I must admit to witnessing numerous instances of dogs behaving badly.... when compared with helicopters they were about as reliable!