PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Concorde crash
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 19:30
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wings folded, thank you for taking the time to explain carefully, in more detail, what these French legal concepts entail. I do believe I know most of what you say - I don't think I am completely "unclear" on the concepts - but yours is a valuable contribution to the debate for those who are both unaccustomed to French law and willing to learn. (There are also some contributors who abuse PPRuNe's hospitality, as you remark, but I don't think we really need concern ourselves with them, do you?)
Thank you for your remarks, and general all round good sense.

Originally Posted by wings folded
For those who believe that airline safety is enhanced by a "no blame culture", I choose not to be part of that wider debate, because it goes beyond my skill or competence.
Nevertheless, I would encourage you to do so, please, because I and many others regard the conflicts between "no-blame culture" and just-recompense to be one of the pressing issues in aviation safety nowadays. The more people who think about the issues, the more chance we have of reaching a general resolution! And no one, just no one, is expert in all sides of the debate.
Those are wise and humble words, and I admire them. I have views about safety in flying, and how best to try to achieve total safety.

When I flew, I tried always to be safe. I cannot say that I always achieved the perfection I hoped for. I no longer fly, so anyone could say that I am disqualified from holding a point of view. Hence my reticence before those who still fly.